Friday, January 18, 2013

A Few Good Greens

I thought this might look nice, but I actually couldn't even look at it, so I took it off right away. However, it was a good way to compare. 

I have also come to the conclusion that very few colors photograph well on my hands. Greens make me look red, pinks make me look dirty, blue = red, and so on. 

From left to right.

China Glaze Winter Holly. An interesting textured polish, not unlike the new OPI "liquid sand" and Zoya's Pixie Dust. It is made up of dark green and gold particles and this is three coats. 

Barielle Date Night. I really thought I was going to love this polish, it was another in my quest to dupe Rainforest. However the formula is weird. It seems thin but it's actually thick. And I can't decide if it's a metallic or a shimmer and it kind of annoys me. Mostly I think it's the formula though and it looked great under Lynnderella All Hallow's Eve.

Sinful Colors San Francisco. A gorgeous shimmer I saw over and over in the drugstores and finally picked up. Rather sheer but I got away with two coat here. 

Color Club Ho Ho Holly. I swapped for this with an awesome swapper and had loved it in the store. I love the finish, but it's a little sheer and turned out more teal or "peacock-y" in color than holly-colored. I will try it as a whole mani to see if that works.

Kleancolor. Metallic Green. Crazy bright metallic green shimmer that required three coats. A lot of these darker greens were pretty sheer and I am generally a strict two-coater!

Winter Holly, Date Night, San Francisco, Ho Ho Holly, Metallic Green. Artificial Light.


Winter Holly. Artificial Light.
Metallic Green, Ho Ho Holly, San Francisco, Date Night, Winter Holly. Artificial Light.


No comments:

Post a Comment