Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Welcome Shimmer


I am not going to lie. I have a bandaid on my right middle finger. I’m not trying to get creative with hand poses here
Today I bring you a medley (heh) of nail looks featuring OPI Privacy Please and Shimmer’s fantastic mermaid tail reminiscent “Jenny.” Jenny is very versatile and great for so many looks, so I decided to do several. It’s pretty dense even in one coat and unless your base is on the brighter/darker side, it seems to perhaps over shadow it, like with Privacy Please, so I did decide to show its versatility with this mani.
Privacy Please is a nice and subtle pinky pale creamy jelly-like sheer from OPI. It’s a good neutral and comes fairly streak-free in three coats. There are a lot of shades similar to this in their line, I just happened to try and like this one.
Jenny is available in Shimmer’s Etsy shop and was delivered pronto. At $12 they are a little pricier than some sellers on Etsy, however the density of the glitter will require fewer coats (one or two will be more than sufficient for a gorgeous sparkle imo), thus making the bottle go much further. Another note about Jenny is that there are so many different glitters in the polish, adding to the versatility and dimension, something I always appreciate.
PS.Thanks to Sparkly Vernis for the recommendation of Shimmer polish.
Shimmer Jenny with OPI Privacy Please (layered on fingers, topped with Jenny on thumb). Sunlight.

Shimmer Jenny with OPI Privacy Please (layered on fingers, topped with Jenny on thumb). Shade.

Shimmer Jenny Macro Bottle. Sunlight.

Shimmer Jenny over OPI Privacy Please. Sunlight.

Shimmer Jenny over OPI Privacy Please. Artificial Light, flash.

Shimmer Jenny over OPI Privacy Please. Artificial Light, flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment